Online Bill Pay: Log in/Sign up
At Peña’s Disposal, recycling is the very focus of what we do. Our Material Recovery Facility is a one-stop shop for all recycling and refuse needs. Peña’s processes recyclables in addition to refuse, green waste, construction and demolition materials, e-waste, and household hazardous waste.
Our recycling starts with waste hauling, which allows Peña’s customers to use a 96-gallon blue cart/can to dispose of items that can be recycled. The blue cart/can is emptied curbside and transported to our Material Recovery Facility, where the items are weighed and sorted to ensure that recyclables do not end up in the landfill.
Customers can also self-haul to Peña’s in Cutler where the same process applies – we weigh and sort the material.
- Aluminum cans
- Dry food boxes
- Glass or plastic bottles & jars
- Letters & junk mail
- Milk cartons & juice boxes
- Paper bags
- Phone books
- Pie tins
- White & colored paper
Recyclable Ag Waste
- Plastic containers
- Plastic coverings
- Plastic drip-hose tubing
- Plastic ties
- PVC pipes
- Wood pallets
Fun Recycling Facts
- Plastic is recycled into carpet, t-shirt fabric, shoes, sweaters, coats, toys, luggage, and fiberfill for sleeping bags.
- It takes 1,000 years for glass to break down naturally.
- A plastic jug will sit in a landfill for 1 million years before it decomposes.
So do your part, RECYCLE!
For more info on recycling, visit: www.calrecycle.ca.gov